Legislation & Public Notices
Illinois statute requires that recent legislation and current policy meetings be diclosed to the public. Below you will find lists of both.
Open Meeting Notices
- Move Over Task Force - Wednesday, December 30, 2020
- DUI Cannabis Task Force Meeting - Friday, January 22, 2021
Each year the Illinois State Police publishes an annual report detailing its activities and accomplishments. The Annual Report is prepared by the Division of Administration.
Please note, the Annual Report was not published in 2001.
The following highlights criminal justice and other legislation of interest to law enforcement from the 2019 Spring Session of the 101st Illinois General Assembly.101st General Assembly legislation pertaining to or affecting the Illinois State Police (also commonly referred to as Department of State Police).
Firearm Dealer License Emergency Rules
Legislation in the News
- Illinois Ban on Methylenedioxypyrovalerone (a.k.a. "Bath Salts")
- Illinois Ban on Texting While Driving
- Illinois Ban on Cell Phone Usage in a School or Construction Zone
- Traffic Stop Statistical Study
Illinois Public Acts & Compiled Statutes (ILCS)
Listed below are links to some of the Illinois Public Acts and Compiled Statutes commonly referenced by ISP officers as well as the public seeking information on Illinois laws enforced by ISP. All links in this section refer visitors directly to the Illinois General Assembly website, the complete source for all Illinois Compiled Statutes.